How to Link Your Card to PayPal in Philippines. Other than receiving or sending funds, you can also do your cashless online shopping much swifter as the platform gives you an added layer of security for all your personal as well financial information. Below is what you need to know How to Link Your Card to PayPal in Philippines.
PayPal registration requirements
To successfully enrol into this platform, you will need:
- A credit/debit card
- Email address
- Your mobile number
- Personal details/business details
- A browser Active internet connection
- A mobile phone, tablet, laptop or a desktop
How to create PayPal account for personal use in Philippines
- Go to the PayPal Philippines website.
- Select “Personal Account”:
- This is the first option in the window. Tap the ‘Next’ button.
- Indicate how you plan to use the account: You can either be an online shopper, individual seller, freelancer or all of the above.
- Provide your basic information: Type in your email address, which should be valid, first name, middle name, and last name.
- Create a secure password and confirm it.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ button.
- Complete your profile: Enter your date of birth, nationality, your ID number, address, zip code, and mobile phone. Activate one touch: This is a new feature introduced to enable you to stay logged in your browser.
- Agree to the terms.
How to Link Your Card to PayPal in Philippines
Linking your credit or debit card to PayPal allows you send money or pay for purchases using your card while keeping your card information secure. If you want to buy or pay for something using your Visa, MasterCard or any credit or debit card, but you don’t want to provide your card information, you can use PayPal to do so. PayPal will simply charge the transaction to your linked credit or debit card.
Step 1: On your account summary page, click “Link a card.” If there’s no such link in the account summary page because you have already linked your bank account, just click “Wallet” on the top menu bar.
Step 2: Select “Link a credit card.”
Step 3: Enter your credit/debit card number, card type (this will be automatically filled out), expiration date, and security code. The security code is the number found at the back of your credit/debit card.
Double check that everything is correct. Click “Link Card” to continue.
Step 4: Congratulations! You have now linked your card to PayPal. You can now use your credit or debit card to fund your online shopping and purchases via PayPal.
How to Link Your Bank Account to PayPal in Philippines
Linking your bank account to PayPal allows you to transfer money to your bank.
Step 1: On your account summary page, click “Link a card.” If there’s no such link in the account summary page, just click “Wallet” on the top menu bar.
Step 2: Choose “Link a bank account.”
Step 3: Enter your bank account information such as:
- Bank name (start typing the name of the bank and PayPal will make suggestions)
- Bank code (go here for the list of bank codes)
- Account number (this is your bank account number, not your credit card number)
We have come up with a list of PayPal bank codes that correspond to your bank. In this example, the bank code for Banco de Oro Unibank is 10530667.
In any case, there’s no need to enter the bank code because PayPal will automatically provide the correct code depending on your bank.
Ensure that your name and bank information match your bank account to avoid additional charges. Click “Link Your Bank” to proceed.
Step 4: The next page will show whether the linking was successful. Click “Done” to complete the process.