TIN Checker – A Taxpayer Identification Number is an identifying number used for tax purposes and in other countries under the Common Reporting Standard. In the United States it is also known as a Tax Identification Number or Federal Taxpayer Identification Number.
In Nigeria to check your Tax Identification Number using the TIN Checker is very simple. However you must first go through the Tax Identification Number Registration process to be able to use the TIN Checker.
How to Check Your TIN Online
- goto tinverification.jtb.gov.ng
- Select the Organization’s Date of Incorporation
- Select your preferred search criteria from the Select Criteria Dropdown-TIN or CAC registration Number or Registered Phone Number. CAC registration number should be typed in this format: BN1234 or IT1234 or RC1234.
- Provide the appropriate value based on the search criteria in Step 2 above.
- Confirm you are not a robot by checking the reCAPTCHA Box.
- Click the Search button.
Tax Identification Number (TIN) is prepared by the tax office FIRS in conjunction with the Joint Tax Board (JTB). It is issued to individuals or registered business / incorporated companies for proper identification and verification.
We believe this post on TIN Checker was helpful to you. Feel free to let us know how you feel through our comment section. you can also drop your email or phone no for free updates on TIN Online Registration .