Ventra pass: How to make the most of your Ventra U-Pass. It is critical that you understand this before using your Ventra U-Pass. First, you must activate your Ventra card. The Ventra U-Pass, on the other hand, gives full-time students unlimited trips on CTA buses and trains for the duration of the school year.
Twelve credits or more is considered full-time status. Your card will be deleted if you slip below full-time status or withdraw from the institution. The U-Pass scheme does not include Pace or Metra.
If your card is lost or stolen, you must first alert the Registrar’s Office before contacting Student Accounts to pay the $50 replacement cost. Within 5-7 business days, the replacement Ventra U-Pass is delivered to the Registrar’s Office.
How to use Ventra U-Pass
You must first activate your Ventra’s U-Pass before using it. Call 1.877.450.5328 to activate your Ventra U-Pass.
Each trimester, you will not need to obtain a new Ventra U-Pass. Your pass is valid for a period of up to five years.
From the first day of classes through the last day of the trimester, your U-Pass is activated.
Your U-Pass privileges are automatically put onto your card as long as you are enrolled full-time in school.
How to use your Ventra U-Pass between trimesters
- You can top up your Ventra card with money between trimesters or during the break to use it as a regular transit card.
- You can add money to your Ventra card at any vending machine, over the phone, or online at www.ventrachicago.com.
- When you return to school full-time, your U-Pass riding privileges are immediately reinstated at the start of the semester.
- Please keep in mind that before the start of the next semester, your Ventra account must be in good standing.
Your U-Pass will not be activated if your Ventra Card has a negative balance until the negative balance is rectified with Ventra.
- Visit ventrachicago.com/balance to check your card balance.
- It is not permitted to share your Ventra’s U-Pass.
- Any CTA Ventra U-Pass provided by someone other than the student whose name and photo appear on it will be taken away.
- To avoid charges to other contactless cards, take your card out of your wallet or purse before touching it.
We hope you found this article on Ventra useful. Please feel free to express yourself in our comment section.
You may also provide your email or phone number for free Ventra Chicago login updates.