YYAS 2021 – We are glad to inform all interested young Africans that the Yale Young African Scholars Program 2021 (YYAS 2021) Application is now out online, Interested and qualified applicants are required to apply as soon as possible.YYAS 2021 is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
YYAS has served more than 1,600 students and has brought together young leaders from more than 40 countries across Africa. To keep everyone safe during the global pandemic, the YYAS 2021 program will be held online from 25 July to 31 July. Admitted participants will access pre-recorded videos before the start of the program and attend live sessions with specially curated leadership and development content during the week-long event.
Qualification for YYAS 2021
Prospective applicants must be current secondary school students in Africa who have one term to one full academic year left to complete after August 2021. Students should be between 14 and 18 years old. In addition, applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of an African country.
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old by the application deadline (16 February 2021) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location: You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Grade Level: You must be a current 11th-grade student (or the international equivalent).
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2022. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2021 and no later than November/December 2022.
YYAS is a proud member of the HALI Access Network and gives admissions preference to high-achieving, low-income (i.e. “HALI”) students who do not have university guidance in their schools or communities. To increase accessibility, there is no tuition cost for any student
Requirements for YYAS 2021 Application | YYAS Essays
- YYAS is a high-intensity academic enrichment and leadership program that brings together outstanding secondary school students from across Africa.
- Students are exposed to the rigorous university admission and financial aid processes, attend college-style seminars led by Yale University students, and build a network of peers from across the continent.
- New this year, students will also participate in career guidance workshops in their field of interest: communications, technology, entrepreneurship, or public health.
How to Apply for YYAS 2021 | yyas application form 2021
- Apply online through the given link.
- To apply, students must submit an online application that includes one essay and two short-answer prompts.
- Students must also upload an official school transcript or grade report as well as provide the contact information for one teacher who knows them well enough to fill out an online recommendation form.
We believe this post on YYAS 2021 and yyas application form 2021 was helpful to you. Feel free to let us know how you feel through our comment section. you can also drop your email or phone no for free updates on yyas 2021 deadline or yyas application form 2021.